Hin: अलीराजपुर alīrājapūr.
‘Anand’s Town’ Town/District, Madhya Pradesh (MP).
From Anandaoli/Ali and Rajpur [Skt/Hin: raj, ‘king’; and pur, ‘(fortified) town’, city].
Rajpur was founded in 1500.
The capital of the princely state was then moved to Rajpur from Anandaoli [from Anand Deo Rathore, the founder; and puri→-auli/oli, ‘town’, ‘city’].
The new capital took on the merged name Ali+Rajpur – Ali/Aali was a the corrupted form of Anandaoli.
It remained the capital until Independence when it became part of Jhabua Distict. It became a district in its own right in 2008.